At Grapevine, we make giving to the causes you care about social, purposeful and fun. We’re building a social giving platform that enables groups of people like neighbors, alumni groups, and more to pool their donations and give together.
Since our launch in 2020, we have moved over $21+M in donations to more than 2,300 nonprofits across the country from more than 48,000 Giving Circle members. We’re the platform partner of Philanthropy Together, the global giving circle initiative backed by the Gates Foundation and many others including Charity Navigator, Giving Compass, Idealist, and more. If you’ve never heard of a Giving Circle before, check them out in the NYT, Fast Company, and Refinery29 or watch this recent TED Talk! We have top tier funders supporting our mission, including Notation Capital, PJC, Alex Chung (founder of Giphy), and David Heath (founder of Bombas).
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. Our team culture is built on openness, intentionality, collaboration, and spirit. We are seeking a talented and experienced copywriter to create simple, engaging, educational and thought leadership content for us on a consistent monthly basis. We will ask you to create clear, compelling, and persuasive content that articulates our organization's mission, values, and goals.
- Develop and write high-quality content for various mediums, possibly including blogs, emails, social media, newsletters, and press releases.
- Collaborate with the marketing and community teams to create content that aligns with Grapevine's brand, voice and community.
- Conduct research on current topics, thought leaders, and issues related to our work, goals and the Giving Circle movement to inform highly relevant and meaningful content.
- Edit and proofread content from other team members to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in copywriting, marketing, and communication.
- Ensure all content is SEO-friendly and optimized for search engines.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in copywriting, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and web analytics.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, in both technical and non-technical contexts.
- Experience in philanthropy (as nonprofit professional or at a company serving nonprofits or donors)
- Passion for the giving circle model /movement.
- Enthusiasm for disrupting the status quo to make the world better!
What’s in it for you?
- In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, we offer exciting growth opportunities and the ability to make a positive difference in the world.